Kertajati International Airport, West Java
Project Basic Idea
There are more than 40 million citizen of West Java with Gross Regional Development Product (GRDP) of about US$ 30 Billion. Nevertheless, there is major airport in this Province. The citizens of Bandung and surrounding cities travel for more than 160 km by land transportation to Soekarno Hatta Airport. Traffic congestion from Bandung to Jakarta or vice versa is extremly high during workdays.
- The limited capacity of the existing Husein Sastranegara Airport at Bandung.
- Global and Regional accessibility needs.
- Growing potential demand in West Java.
To increase income of Majalengka Regency citizens and surrounding areas during project construction and airport operation
- To reduce of passenger and good transportation cost to and from West Java area.
- To compete with Soekarno Hatta Airport which will increase services of lower cost airport transportation.
Governor of West Java
Person in Charge : Mr. Dicky Saromi
Position : Head Of Transportation Agency, West Java Province
Address : Jl. Sukabumi 1 Bandung INDONESIA
Phone : +62 22 7272258
Fax : +62 22 7202163
Minister of Transportation
Person in Charge :
1. Mr. Hanggoro Budi Wiryawan
Position : Head of Transportation Service and Parternship Analysis Center
Address : Cipta Building 6th Floor Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat No.8 Jakarta 10110 INDONESIA
Phone : +62 21 3852671
Fax : +62 21 3517608
2. Mr. Bambang Tjahjono
Position : Director of Airport
Address : Karya Building 24th Floor Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat No.8 Jakarta 10110 INDONESIA
Phone : +62 21 3517608
Fax : +62 21 3852671
Majalengka Regency, West Java Province
Runway 3,000 m x 60 m, taxiway, apron, cargo and passengers, navigation and other facilities.
Estimated Project Cost
US$ 800.00 million
- Phase I : US$ 370.00 million
- Phase II : US$ 230.00 million
- Phase III : US$ 200.00 million
Expected Time of Implementation
Project Preparation : 2009 – 2011
Tender : 2012
Contract Signing : 2013
Construction : 2013 – 2015
Operation : 2015